- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Biological Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Physical Science, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $4,031
- Out of State Tuition: $9,011
- Affiliation: Army ROTC
SHSU offers a Bachelor of Science degree in environmental science with two distinct tracks: pollution abatement & sustainability. Both tracks share a common core of courses for a strong foundation in environmental science.
The pollution abatement track is for students interested in more technical areas of environmental science. The sustainability track allows students to tailor their coursework to career interests via their choice of electives.
Environmental science majors must select one of the two tracks listed above. The degree is interdisciplinary in nature and includes coursework in such areas as energy and the environment, environmental science, soil science, chemistry, ecology, geology, hydrology, soil and water conservation, sustainability, and geospatial technology/GIS.
Minor: A minor is not required to complete this program. Students should be aware that a minor will add hours to the length of the degree program.
Careers in Environmental Science:
- Environmental Scientist
- Environmental Data Analyst
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer
- Land Reclamation Specialist
- Park Ranger