- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Architecture and Planning, Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Communications, Computer and Information Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, Mechanics and Repair, Military Science, Physical Science, Skilled Trades and Construction, Transportation, STEM, General Study
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- Call: (765)-494-4935
The Purdue Polytechnic Institute is one of 10 academic colleges at Purdue University, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in a wide range of disciplines.
The college includes seven academic schools, departments, and divisions.
SEVEN Subject Areas Include:
In addition to Purdue University’s main campus in West Lafayette, Indiana, Purdue Polytechnic offers select degree programs in nine Indiana communities.
The academic programs combine theory-based applied learning, team-based projects, integrated humanities studies, competency-based credentialing, and a series of experiential components such as industry-sponsored senior capstone projects, internships, global immersions, and certification-earning activities.
The Polytechnic learning experience is designed to produce graduates who not only have deep technical knowledge and applied skills in their chosen discipline, but also possess problem-solving, critical thinking, communications, and leadership skills sought by industries and communities.
Research within the college also continues to expand and strengthen, with five signature areas propelling the college to the technological and scientific forefront:
- Bio-Inspired Sustainability
- Robotics, Manufacturing, and Autonomy
- Closed-Loop Healthcare
- Innovative STEM Education
- Human Scale Computing