- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Computer and Information Sciences, Education, Engineering, Health Care, Mathematics and Statistics, Psychology and Counseling, Social Services
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Testing Requirements: SAT, Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Payment Terms, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $8,014
- Out of State Tuition: $17,894
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 6336
- IPED: 155681
Pittsburg State University, a comprehensive regional university, provides undergraduate and graduate programs and services to the people of southeast Kansas, but also to others who seek the benefits offered. This is accomplished by the unique combination of academic programs in our four colleges.
As a Pitt State student, your studies are your number one priority. But even the best students don't study all the time. And that begs a question: When it's time to give the books a rest, what's there to do? There are 150 student-run clubs and organizations, organized around interests that range from debate and forensics to music and martial arts. Students from 45 countries lend an international atmosphere to campus, and celebrations showcasing other cultures are popular campus events. You can scale the walls with the rock-climbing club, or give blood by playing rugby. And how many colleges have their own drag-racing club? A lot of what happens on campus happens because students make it happen.