- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Health Care, STEM, Music
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Small Town
- Testing Requirements: SAT, Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $6,525
- Out of State Tuition: $6,525
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 6571
- IPED: 207351
OPSU is a institution whose mission is to provide higher education primarily through academic programs, cultural enrichment, lifelong learning experiences, and public service activities. Programs of study offered at OPSU lead to nearly 100 different baccalaureate and associate degrees.
The mission of OPSU is to provide higher education primarily for people of the Oklahoma Panhandle and surrounding areas through academic programs, cultural enrichment, lifelong learning experiences, and public service activities. The educational experiences are designed to prepare students for roles in agriculture, business, education, government, and industry and to enrich their personal lives. OPSU will accomplish its mission by focusing on the following goals:
OPSU will facilitate learning to a community of diverse learners in a variety of formats and in supportive and nurturing environments.
- Recruit, retain, and graduate students
- Promote OPSU's role as the educational , informational, and cultural center of the High Plains Region and address the broader educational needs of the area by exploring, initiating, and supporting partnerships within the community.
- OPSU will be accountable to its stakeholders through measurement, evaluation, and self study of educational programs and support functions.
- Promote excellence at OPSU by offering undergraduate programs grounded in scholarship with well-defined educational outcomes, which emphasize communication, thinking skills, and knowledge.