- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Biological Sciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Health Care, Physical Science, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Testing Requirements: Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans
- Gender: Coed
- Country: Australia
- In State Tuition: $30,000
- Out of State Tuition: $30,000
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
Monash University is Australia’s largest university and is located on the doorstep of Asia. We have locations in Italy, India, South Africa and China, which means you’ll never be short of opportunities to explore the world. Monash is ranked #1 in engineering and pharmaceutical sciences.
As Australia’s largest university with a presence on four continents, we offer you a wider range of opportunities: more internships, more collaborative projects, more facilities and a wider choice of degrees (and double degrees) to choose from.
While size is our virtue, you’ll still enjoy small classes and an exceptional support system to help you achieve your ambitions.
Monash and North America
Over the years, we have built partnerships with more than 30 universities in North America, and we hope to build more.
Monash joins the University of North Carolina (USA) and University College London (UK) in a unique alliance of pharmacy schools. PharmAlliance is dedicated to advancing the global research, education and practice of pharmaceutical science.
The US National Institute of Health (NIH) has awarded two research grants to pharmaceutical sciences, medicine and medical research institutes at Monash. The task? To develop new treatments against antibiotic resistance – now declared as one of the three global threats to human health.
In the 2016 US News Best Global Universities ranking (based on research performance), Monash ranked 84th out of 750 institutions worldwide. This seals Monash’s position as a leader in research, with a #1 ranking in Australia for chemistry, materials science, and pharmacology and toxicology.
The APHCRI and the CIHR will contribute $2.5 million each to an Australian Canadian Joint Centre of Research Excellence. Led by Monash and McGill professors, the program aims to develop ‘world’s best practice’ for healthcare access delivered to the poor, disabled and refugee communities.
- #1 in Australia, Reuters' Most Innovative Universities in Asia-Pacific (2019)
- #18 in the world, Times Higher Education Impact Rankings (2021)
- #48 US News and World Report (2021)
- #57 in the world, Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2022)Undergraduate student retention rate of 94 per cent and 87.4 per cent employer satisfaction with graduates (2019)
- #66 in the world, QS Graduate Employability Rankings (2020)The Global Immersion Guarantee, a funded overseas study program for first year Monash Arts students, awarded Best Practice in International Education by International Educational Association of Australia IEAA (2020)