- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Computer and Information Sciences, Engineering, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Small Town
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT, Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $8,568
- Out of State Tuition: $26,660
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 6876
- IPED: 178411
Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) offers diverse areas of study, from computing and engineering to arts, sciences, and business. It’s a place where creative and analytical thinkers thrive.
Founded in 1870 as one of the first technological institutions west of the Mississippi, we’ve been building on our heritage of discovery, creativity and innovation to equip and inspire today’s students to meet tomorrow’s great global challenges. But don’t just take our word for it. See what others are saying:
- No. 1 public engineering university in the country (College Factual, 2021)
- No. 4 public university for career placement (Princeton Review, 2021)
- No. 8 university in the nation for return on investment (Business Insider, 2020)
Whether you’re studying elementary education or electrical engineering, in a dance club or on a design team, you’ll find Missouri S&T is a great place to learn and grow as a person.
The Brookings Institution rates us as one of the best colleges in the nation for “value added.” That means you’ll graduate from S&T with great career opportunities. Better than that, you’ll be prepared for even greater life opportunities.
At Missouri S&T, you’ll discover yourself — your passions, interests and talents. You’ll experience a broad education — one that goes beyond typical coursework. You can dig into the subjects you love and learn from professors who are experts in those fields. But you will also discover skills and abilities you haven’t even begun to explore yet. And when they begin to surface, you’re going to be amazed.
So, go ahead. Jump out of your comfort zone. Make your voice heard through the theater or choir. Study abroad in one of 40-plus countries. Say yes to the internship. Get ready for your future.