- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Business and Entrepreneurship, Education, Health Care, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Campus Setting: Suburban
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $31,110
- Out of State Tuition: $31,110
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Affiliation: The Common App
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5397
- IPED: 232672
MBU is a small, coeducational university offering a range of degree programs from bachelor to doctoral. We serve a diverse student population on our main campus in historic Staunton, Virginia, Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences in nearby Fishersville, and MBU Online.
MBU offers unique opportunities for our students to become leaders in the classroom, community, workplace, and in their own lives. In 1977 Mary Baldwin was the first college in Virginia to create a program for women and men to earn their degrees later in life. With the opening of our college of health sciences in 2014, we established one of the first dozen doctoral programs of occupational therapy in the nation. In 2017 we expanded on our long tradition of student-centered excellence to welcome our first residential men to campus. MBU also offers special residential programs open only to women, including the Program for the Exceptionally Gifted and the Virginia Women’s Institute for Leadership.
We’re seeking forward-thinking women and men to join us at Mary Baldwin University in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Together, our students, faculty, staff, and alumni create a community dedicated to bringing out the best in small, private education.