- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Computer and Information Sciences, Health Care
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Small Town
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $4,000
- Out of State Tuition: $11,400
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5439
- IPED: 482158
Middle Georgia State University, formerly Macon State College, is a 4-year, residential, bachelor's degree college in Central GA focused on providing programs to address the workforce needs of GA.
Our college, which dates back to 1884 but which was created anew in early 2013, is a regionally focused institution serving both traditional and non-traditional students as an exciting and unique unit of the University System of Georgia. With five locations, as well as numerous online learning opportunities, no other college has the reach that we do – with more than 8,100 students we are the third largest Georgia college south of Atlanta.
Our Eastman Campus is home to the School of Aviation, where we operate the only state-funded aviation school in Georgia. Our Cochran Campus serves residential and commuting students and is home to the excellent Georgia Academy for Mathematics, Engineering and Sciences (GAMES). The Macon Campus, which also serves residential and commuting students, continues to enhance student life and will soon add a beautiful recreation and wellness center. Our Warner Robins and Dublin campuses boast excellent facilities and are showing signs of significant growth.