- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Health Care, Law, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Testing Requirements: Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Other
- Country: United States
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Affiliation: The Common App
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 1325
- IPED: 151111
IUPUI is Indiana's premier urban university, with 21 schools and academic units that grant degrees in more than 200 programs from both Indiana University and Purdue University.
As Indiana's premier urban public research university, IUPUI believes in the power of transformation. We are committed to providing educational opportunities that transform the lives of our students, our community, and the changing world around us.
It was this commitment that was behind the merger of the Indianapolis campuses and programs of Indiana University and Purdue University—some of which are more than 100 years old—that won accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission in 1969, creating IUPUI. And its what binds us together today.