- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Agriculture, Art and Design, Communications, Engineering, Skilled Trades and Construction, Liberal Arts, Music
- Degrees Awarded: Community
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Small Town
- Testing Requirements: Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Other, Payment Terms, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $4,980
- Out of State Tuition: $9,660
- Delivery: Day
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 1361
- IPED: 384342
Since its founding in 1990, Heartland Community College has had one primary goal - to support student success. At our campuses in Normal, Lincoln and Pontiac, we provide access to education for all residents interested in continuing their learning.
Heartland Community College, with campuses in Normal, Pontiac and Lincoln, Illinois, is a two-year, fully accredited institution of higher education. Heartland's Community College District 540 includes a population of more than 230,000 people. At Heartland we make small classes and personal attention top priorities. We offer free tutoring, career services and a host of special programs to help credit-seeking students reach their goals. And outside of the classroom, we offer many ways for students to stay active. With a fitness and recreation center, game room, cafe and 30+ campus clubs and organizations, students really can enjoy the full college experience.
Heartland's campus is beautiful. Popular campus destinations include the Challenger Learning Center, the Astroth Community Education Center and the Child Development Lab. The Corn Crib is home to the Frontier League's Normal CornBelters baseball franchise. It also serves as the stadium for the nationally recognized Heartland Hawks softball and baseball teams as well as men and women's soccer. In-district residents pay $4,170 in tuition and fees per academic year.