- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Computer and Information Sciences, Education, Health Care, Protective Services, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Small Town
- Testing Requirements: Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $7,600
- Out of State Tuition: $16,600
- Affiliation: Army ROTC, Air Force ROTC, Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU)
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 6252
- IPED: 159009
Grambling State University is a public historically black university in Grambling, Louisiana. Grambling State University combines the academic strengths of a major university with the benefits of a small college, a combination that enables our students to grow and learn in a serene and positive environment.
We offer more than 800 courses and 68 degree programs in five colleges, including an honors college, two professional schools, a graduate school, and a Division of Continuing Education. National and local employers recruit graduates from Gramblings excellent nursing, computer science, teacher education, and other programs.
In addition to being one of the countrys top producers of African American graduates and the top producer of Computer Information Science grads in Louisiana, Grambling is the home of the internationally renowned Tiger Marching Band and the winningest coach in college football, the legendary football coach Eddie Robinson, Sr., whose tenure is memorialized in a campus museum, funded and operated by the state of Louisiana. Steeped in history, with a longstanding tradition of excellence, Grambling State University continues to emphasize the value and importance of each student, exemplified by our motto: Where Everybody Is Somebody.