- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Health Care, Protective Services, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Testing Requirements: Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $7,750
- Out of State Tuition: $16,800
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Affiliation: Army ROTC, Air Force ROTC
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5211
- IPED: 237367
Fairmont State University, with a 120-acre main campus in Fairmont, is part of the states growing high technology corridor. With a long history of academic excellence, FSU is a place where teaching and learning matter and students are our first priority.
Over the past decade, the main campus has been expanded with new construction including an Engineering Technology Building, student center, residence hall, parking garage, improved library facility and significant ADA accessibility improvements.
FSU offers six associate degrees, more than 80 baccalaureate degrees and graduate programs in business, criminal justice and education. Unique programs include National Security and Intelligence and Aviation Technology and a minor in Folklore Studies. With approximately 200 full-time faculty, the student-to-faculty ratio is 17:1. The institution is accredited by the North Central Association and The Higher Learning Commission.