- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Computer and Information Sciences, Education, Health Care
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Rural
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT, Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $7,405
- Out of State Tuition: $16,765
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 6186
- IPED: 207041
ECU's mission is to foster a learning environment in which students, faculty, staff, and community interact to educate students for life in a rapidly changing and culturally diverse society. The university offers a variety of programs of study across its five colleges and schools.
East Central University is a public university offering Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts and Master's degrees. ECU is located in Ada, a city of 16,000, approximately 90 miles from Oklahoma City, 115 miles from Tulsa and 150 miles from Dallas.
ECU is a Regional University. Students can enroll in and attend ECU classes on campus in Ada, in Ardmore at the Ardmore Higher Education Center, in McAlester at the Eastern Oklahoma State College branch campus and in Shawnee at the Gordon Cooper Technology Center. Some ECU classes are also available on OneNet and online. The ECU nursing program is available in Durant at Southeastern Oklahoma State University.