- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Skilled Trades and Construction
- Degrees Awarded: Professional/Trade
- Type: Private
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Testing Requirements: Not Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Other
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $22,500
- Out of State Tuition: $22,500
- Delivery: Day
- Religious Affiliation: None
Opened in 1986 and hailed as our flagship location and Douglas J. Aveda Institute Headquarters, our East Lansing Institute sits in the heart of Michigan State’s campus, only miles away from the State Capital and our first salon.
You’ll find us next to Jackson National Life Student Center known as “Jackson Zone” in the Jacobsen’s retail store that still holds the original spiral staircase. We’re also deeply involved in our community and collaborate with many local charities including Hidden Key Fashion Show put on by The AITCH Foundation.
Our experience in running cosmetology schools as well as salons puts you out ahead of the rest when it comes to what salon owners are looking for from our graduates. In fact, we hang our hats on supporting you well beyond graduation. You’ll get exposure and access to job placement through a network of salons and spas, across the United States and around the world.
In the time you spend with us, the experience you gain here is beyond compare. After all, we’re partnered with Aveda — an unparalleled brand. We uphold their high standards and incorporate their methods behind everything we do.
The East Lansing Difference
Our Educators are always standing by, providing feedback and guidance on everything from styling and color to retailing, product knowledge and home-care recommendations.
- A massive 80-seat salon allows students ample room to learn and work
- Three full classrooms
- Historic multi-level space with spiral staircase
- Atrium in lower level
- True spa environment for our Esthiology program
- Day and evening classes offered in Cosmetology and Esthiology