- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year + Graduate
- Type: Private
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Testing Requirements: Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $62,456
- Out of State Tuition: $62,456
- Delivery: Day, Residential
- Affiliation: CACHET (Engineering & Technology Colleges)
Cornell is a privately endowed research university and a partner of the State University of New York. As the federal land-grant institution in New York State, we have a responsibility—unique within the Ivy League—to make contributions in all fields of knowledge in a manner that prioritizes public engagement to help improve the quality of life in our state, the nation, the world.
Cornell aspires to be the exemplary comprehensive research university for the 21st century. Faculty, staff and students thrive at Cornell because of its unparalleled combination of quality and breadth; its open, collaborative and innovative culture; its founding commitment to diversity and inclusion; its vibrant rural and urban campuses; and its land-grant legacy of public engagement.
Purposeful discovery, free and open inquiry and expression, a community of belonging, exploration across boundaries, changing lives through engagement and respect for the natural environment constitute Cornell’s core values.