- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Engineering, Languages and Literature, Liberal Arts, STEM, Music, Theater
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $46,068
- Out of State Tuition: $46,068
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Affiliation: The Common App, The Coalition Application, CACHET (Engineering & Technology Colleges), Army ROTC, Navy ROTC, Air Force ROTC
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 2116
- IPED: 190150
Columbia University is a private, Ivy League research institution with over 20 colleges and schools that offers a variety of degrees from bachelors to doctoral and provides students with a distinctive and distinguished learning environment in many scholarly and professional fields.
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and a distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world. Schools include: Architecture, Planning & Preservation, Graduate School of Arts & Sciences , Barnard College, Business, Columbia Business School's global education, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia College, Continuing Education, Dental Medicine, General Studies, International & Public Affairs, Jewish Theological Seminary, Journalism, Law, Nursing, Public Health, Social Work, Teachers College, and Union Theological .