- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Health Care, Psychology and Counseling, Recreation and Fitness
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $23,450
- Out of State Tuition: $23,450
- Delivery: Day
- Affiliation: The Common App
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5107
- IPED: 198303
Chowan's mission is to provide a caring environment characterized by Christian values and intellectual freedom in which students can gain the knowledge, skills, creativity, and ethical values they need to flourish in a rapidly changing, culturally diverse global society.
The Chowan University community is committed to serving average students. By average we mean students with a GPA from 2.25-3.25 and average SAT scores (around 1300 for the three- part SAT). Students below these criteria may be admitted if they show a commitment to the Chowan University experience and academic potential. We strongly encourage all students and their families to visit campus throughout the admissions process. To schedule your campus visit, click here.
Many of our students are first generation college students which means their parents did not attend college or complete a college degree. Because of Chowans commitment to individual attention in a Christian environment, these students thrive here.