- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Education, Health Care, Protective Services, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Testing Requirements: Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $11,200
- Out of State Tuition: $11,200
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Affiliation: The Common App, Army ROTC, Air Force ROTC, Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU)
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 1118
- IPED: 144005
CSU is a public, predominantly black, comprehensive university that provides access to higher education for students of diverse backgrounds and educational needs. Colleges include arts & sciences, business, education, health sciences, pharmacy, continuing, and a school of graduate & professional studies.
From its humble origins, Chicago State University has evolved into an outstanding, nationally acclaimed university that provides a value-added education for all who enter its hallowed halls. Consistently evolving to reflect state-of-the-art trends in higher education, Chicago State University prepares students for success in the twenty-first century.
The universitys five colleges – Health Sciences, Arts and Science, Business, Education, and Pharmacy – offer 38 undergraduate and 30 graduate degree-granting programs. In addition, CSU has a Division of Continuing Education and Non-Traditional Programs that reach out to the community with extension courses, distance learning and not-for-credit programs.