- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Law, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year + Graduate
- Type: Private
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Testing Requirements: Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $59,864
- Out of State Tuition: $59,864
- Delivery: Day, Residential
- Affiliation: CACHET (Engineering & Technology Colleges)
Carnegie Mellon University challenges the curious and passionate to imagine and deliver work that matters.
A private, global research university, Carnegie Mellon stands among the world's most renowned educational institutions, and sets its own course. Start the journey here.
Over the past 10 years, more than 400 startups linked to CMU have raised more than $7 billion in follow-on funding. Those investment numbers are especially high because of the sheer size of Pittsburgh’s growing autonomous vehicles cluster – including Uber, Aurora, and Argo AI – all of which are here because of their strong ties to CMU.
With cutting-edge brain science, path-breaking performances, innovative startups, driverless cars, big data, big ambitions, Nobel and Turing prizes, hands-on learning, and a whole lot of robots, CMU doesn't imagine the future, we create it.