- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Business and Entrepreneurship, Recreation and Fitness
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Testing Requirements: Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Other
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $26,200
- Out of State Tuition: $26,200
- Delivery: Day, Residential, Online
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5067
- IPED: 198066
Brevard College is a four-year private college committed to an experiential liberal arts education that encourages personal growth and inspires action. With 19 majors and 27 minors, Brevard students learn in the classroom, in the field, by listening and watching, and through total immersion.
At Brevard College, education is much more than learning the right answers and doing well on a test. Education is developing students ability to think, work in a group, and reflect upon and apply their learning to real world problems. Our classrooms are student centered, not teacher centered. Our classes are problem based; we use content to tackle important issues rather than just deliver information. In addition to learning theory, our students apply theory to real situations. We cultivate skills for individualized learning and performance, but we also develop abilities to work collaboratively in teams—just like needed in real life.