- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Business and Entrepreneurship, Engineering, Health Care, Protective Services, Liberal Arts
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Testing Requirements: Test Optional
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $14,800
- Out of State Tuition: $14,800
- Delivery: Day, Residential
- Affiliation: Army ROTC, Air Force ROTC, Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU)
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 5061
- IPED: 132602
B-CU is an historically black university associated with the United Method Church. The university offers baccalaureate and masters degrees in 37 areas of study across seven academic schools, and emphasizes service learning and civic engagement in all aspects of student life.
Bethune-Cookman University is an institution filled with rich history and beloved traditions, and a strong commitment to academic excellence and community service. Founded by Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune in 1904, Bethune-Cookman University is an historically Black, United Methodist Church-related university offering baccalaureate and masters degrees. The mission is to serve in the Christian tradition the diverse educational, social, and cultural needs of its students and to develop in them the desire and capacity for continuous intellectual and professional growth, leadership and service to others. The University has deep roots in the history of America and continues to provide services to the broader community through a focus on service learning and civic engagement.
Bethune-Cookman University accomplishes its mission by providing quality instruction in an intellectually stimulating environment that nurtures the mind (intellect), the heart (transformative leadership) and the hand (service learning) according to our founders motto and the institutions seal.