At the Young Writers Workshop students explore new directions in their writing in an informal, relaxed environment. Daily creative writing activities become the basis for weekly portfolios and conferences. Being part of a playful, supportive community helps students begin to trust their own voices as writers...(more)
- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Biological Sciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Languages and Literature, Mathematics and Statistics, Physical Science, Psychology and Counseling, Liberal Arts, STEM, Music, Theater, Dance
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Campus Setting: Rural
- Testing Requirements: Not Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $46,125
- Out of State Tuition: $46,125
- Delivery: Day, Residential
- Affiliation: The Common App
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 3795
- IPED: 167792
- Call: (413) 528-7568
Bard College at Simons Rock is small, selective, intensive college of the liberal arts and sciences that offers an education with immediate practical value and lasting implications. Students enter the college after completing 10th or 11th grade, creating a unique environment of dedicated scholars.
Bard College at Simon's Rock is the only four year college in the United States specifically designed to allow bright, motivated adolescents to fully realize their intellectual and creative potential by beginning college immediately after the tenth or eleventh grade.
Offering students both significant autonomy and appropriate support, Simons Rock fosters a diverse community of intellectual and chronological peers. Under the guidance of talented and dedicated faculty, students learn to formulate and defend their own ideas; to engage with the ideas of others; and to become innovative thinkers who contribute with purpose to the world around them.