- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Biological Sciences, Business and Entrepreneurship, Computer and Information Sciences, Education, Environmental Sciences, Health Care, Languages and Literature, Law, Philosophy and Religion, Physical Science, Psychology and Counseling, Recreation and Fitness, Liberal Arts, STEM, Music, Theater, Film and Television
- Degrees Awarded: Other
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Rural
- Testing Requirements: Not Required
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United Kingdom
- In State Tuition: $21,000
- Out of State Tuition: $21,000
- Religious Affiliation: None
- Call: 256-373-5616
Bangor University is a historic University founded in 1884 located between the mountains of the Snowdonia National Park, the wonderful Irish Sea coastline, and the awe-inspiring Isle of Anglesey. What makes Bangor special is its location: a location set in stunning beauty where you can receive a world leading education. We have over 700 courses from Undergraduate to Postgraduate levels. Plus we were voted Best in the UK based on StudentCrowd reviews in the StudentCrowd Review 2020!
Our small size means you will get an education where you feel valued, all while getting the support that you not only need but deserve. It is this support that Bangor students love as it allows them to reach their real potential! Our research is world leading and we are in the UK Top 40 for research, according to the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
Our Students love us too: Bangor is ranked in the top 10 in the UK University for Student Satisfaction according to The Complete University Guide 2021. We also guarantee you a room in our award winning accommodation. In 2019, Bangor University's accommodation was ranked 3rd in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards. As an added bonus, we are the cheapest University town to live in, according to Totally Money in their 2019 rankings! And if that was not enough, we offer free membership of all clubs and societies too!
Bangor University - Fast facts
Campus Location & Population: Bangor Wales, (Total population: 18,000, student population: 10,000).
Entry Requirements (base considerations, but overall flexible; contact your USA Champion for more info):
- Successful completion of High School Graduation Diploma with an unweighted GPA 3.0 or higher, or GED Pass (580/800)
- 2 AP/Higher/Honours/DE/College-prep courses related to the subject you have chosen to Study at Bangor with a minimum grade C in each.
- 2 completed semesters of community college classes.
- ACT 26+ / SAT 1100
For US Veterans, we are also pleased to accept your MOS together with your High School Graduation Diploma or GED. We are a FAFSA school so you can use your Federal Education Loans with us!
Specialist Subjects: Natural Sciences, Ocean Sciences, Psychology, Creative Studies, History, Welsh, Sports Science...
Scholarships: Yes! Check out our website and contact us for additional information.