- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Architecture and Planning, Art and Design
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Public
- Campus Setting: Small Town
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United Kingdom
- Out of State Tuition: $25,000
- Delivery: Day, Residential
- Affiliation: The Common App
- Religious Affiliation: None
Arts University Bournemouth is a leading arts university offering a range of award winning courses in Art, Design, Media and Performance. We're based in a stunning coastal area under 2 hours from London.
AUB offers BA, MA, PhD, summer and study abroad (semester abroad) courses in specialist subjects covering the full spectrum of the creative industries.
Unlike most US undergraduate courses, UK BA courses are 3 years in duration (although some students do a one year Art Foundation course in advance of this). This is because we focus entirely on the major (so all you study is what you love).
Fees are generally much lower in the UK, too. AUB is currently ranked top of the UK’s specialist creative universities in the Sunday Times Good University Guide. Yet tuition fees are still less than $25,000 per year for our BA courses. So, it’s $25k for 3 years instead of the $60k for 4 years that it would cost at a comparable US institution.
The courses cover Acting, Animation, Architecture, Arts and Event Management, Costume Design, Dance, Fashion, Film Production, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Architecture Design, Make-Up for Media and Performance, Model Making, Photography, Textiles and Visual Communication.
Collectively, the courses form a hot house of creativity, where students from different disciplines are able to exchange ideas on creativity and work together in ways that are only possible in a specialist university that houses all its courses on one campus. Many of the courses include a work placement period that gives students the benefit of real experience in their chosen industry.
Number of full-time students - 3500
Graduates in full-time work within 6 months of graduating – 97.5%
Dropout rate – under 8%
Overall student satisfaction – 88% (top of all the UK’s creative specialist universities)
Ranking for Art (Guardian, 2014) – top creative specialist
Ranking for Design (Guardian, 2014), top creative specialist
Overall ranking – (Times, 2014), top creative specialist
- AUB alumni include an Oscar winner, a Turner Prize winner and an Olympic gold medallist!
- The 2013 film ‘Gravity’(along with many others) was put together on the AUB campus by CGI company Framestore (they have offices on our campus and employ loads of our graduates).