- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Art and Design, Biological Sciences, Education, Languages and Literature, Recreation and Fitness, STEM, Music, Theater, Dance
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year
- Type: Private
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $24,840
- Out of State Tuition: $24,840
- Religious Affiliation: None
Anderson University in South Carolina is a selective, comprehensive university offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees on campus and online. Students can choose among 36 majors, 38 concentrations, and 25 minors, and is ranked as one of the best regional colleges in the South.
Anderson University is a private, liberal arts institution that offers a challenging education in an encouraging Christian environment. Anderson offers over 5 academic programs, an outstanding faculty, a diverse student body, NCAA athletics, a wide range of campus organizations, and generous financial aid. At the heart of the AU's educational program is an uncompromising commitment to the liberal arts as a means of preparing students with both a breadth and depth of knowledge they need - not only to be successful in the career of their choice, but to be successful in all realms of life - in family, community, work, and church.
All bachelor's degree programs at Anderson University require a general education component. This is to ensure that students achieve competence in the skills of oral and written communication, basic quantitative methodology, critical thinking, and problem solving.
Bachelor of Arts Degrees include
- Art (Ceramics, Graphic Design, Painting and Drawing, Art Education)
- Communication (Digital Media, Public Relations),
- Christian Ministry, Christian Theology
- English, Education, History, Humanities and the Law (Pre-Law)
- Interior Design, Music (BM also available)
- Theatre (Acting, Dance, Design)
- (BFA in Musical Theatre also available).
Bachelor of Science Degrees include
- Business (Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Financial Economics, Human Resource Management, Management),
- Physical Education
- Psychology, Nursing and Special Education
Additional degrees include the Bachelor of Music Education, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Criminal Justice, Bachelor of Emergency Management Services, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre, Bachelor of Human Services, Bachelor of Liberal Studies, and Bachelor of Organizational Leadership.
The Rainey Fine Arts Center is the home of the South Carolina School of the Arts for Anderson University and a vital arts forum for the Anderson Community. The Center includes three performance venues, seven art studios, choral and instrumental rooms, and much more.