- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Computer and Information Sciences
- Degrees Awarded: 2 Year
- Type: Private
- Campus Setting: Urban
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- In State Tuition: $15,000
- Out of State Tuition: $15,000
- Religious Affiliation: None
- IPED: 482185
AIE trains students for employment and career opportunities in 3D animation, game development and related fields through the provision of world class education as well as acting as a catalyst to build these industries.
AIE is a non-profit educator established in 1996 to grow and support the game industry. Our unique curriculum is offered in the United States and Australia, and provides you with the training needed to join our other graduates as entrepreneurs, leaders, and innovators in the video game and film industries. We were one of the first colleges in the world to offer specialized training for 3D animation and video game development.
AIE has grown significantly over the years, starting from its roots in Canberra growing along steadily with the interactive media industry. We have seven campuses: four in Australia: Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, two in the United States, Seattle and Lafayette and a dedicated Online campus. AIE is known for providing hands-on vocational training in studio settings taught by faculty that have worked in the industry.
Our focus and mission is to connect passionate students with the skills they need to be successful in their chosen career. Alumni of AIE's courses have gone on to do many amazing things in many industries, most especially video games. Chances are you have played many of our alumni's games (Fruit Ninja, Bioshock, Mass Effect, World of Tanks, etc.) and seen many examples of work that our alumni have helped create as programmers, artists, animators, and visionaries.
An education at the Academy of Interactive Entertainment is characterized by:
- The latest 3D animation and game design technologies
- First-class, hands-on education in a studio-style environment
- A close relationship with the video game and 3D animation industries
- An extremely high rate of graduate employment
- An extremely high rate of student satisfaction
- Practical industry-focused education
- Adaptive courses to meet the demands of the industry