The Leap is a small, independent, AGA accredited gap year company offering the choice of an unrivaled collection of financially protected, high quality gap year placements, organized and supported by caring and experienced staff.
The Leap is the only gap year company providing, in any one placement, a unique mix of multiple locations/destinations and volunteer project opportunities in eco-tourism, community projects and conservation, as well as internships (medical, teaching and care) that combine volunteering and service, across the globe. The Leap is passionately committed to helping young adults travel, explore, develop and fulfill their potential while helping to save the planet. Safety comes first, but fun, exploration, cultural immersion, learning, and service are very important as well.
Why the Mix of Projects?
The Leap has specifically chosen a mix of conservation, community and eco-tourism projects, including internships, because:
- They are interlinked and positively and mutually beneficial to the community and environment as a whole.
- By focusing on all three areas, together we are more likely to make a significant difference, leaving the community with a higher standard of living, better quality of life and the means themselves to self-sufficiently progress.
The Leap's gap year programs include: Volunteering, Summer Projects and Internships
- Volunteer Leap - Every Volunteer Leap combines a unique mix of projects, so you'll help with conservation, community and eco-tourism development over the course of your 6-10 weeks abroad. Even better, these projects are located in different locations around your country of choice. The result is a massively diverse, enjoyable mix of challenges, cultures and environments.
- Volunteer in Africa: Tanzania, Madagascar and Namibia
- Volunteer in Central/South America: Ecuador, Peru, Costa Rica and Guatemala
- Volunteer in Asia: Cambodia & Borneo
- Summer Leap - If time is tight then you're in the right place. Spend 6 weeks during the summer either volunteering or working as an intern and we'll have you back in time for your next semester of college. Whichever program you choose, you'll experience different projects and different places, with the aim to challenge both mind and muscle while satisfying your desire for travel, exploration and adventure.
- Summer in Africa: Tanzania, Madagascar and Namibia
- Summer in South America: Ecuador, Peru and Costa Rica and Guatemala
- Summer in Asia: Cambodia & Borneo
- Internship Leap - The competition for college acceptance, finding a job, or even internships is huge, so it's important that your resume stands out from the rest. The Leap's internship program provides high school graduates with the perfect opportunity to invest in their employability and it includes a clever little twist to the norm. All of The Leap's 6 week intern placements add a phase of volunteering in conservation, community and eco-tourism.
- Teaching Internships: Sri Lanka
- Care Internships: Sri Lanka and Nepal
All The Leap gap year programs include:
Full board/food and accommodation, including water and weekends, team placements for friends and socialization, selection and briefing (travel advice), management and support by the UK team, 24-hour emergency back up both in country and in the UK, airport pick up and transportation between all project locations and all park fees.