Patagonia. Where else in the world would you want to become an adventure guide? Rugged, remote, vast and sublime - Patagonia’s beauty is unrivaled, and the trekking is unreal.
From technical skills to emergency safety and group dynamics, our comprehensive 3 month Adventure Guide Program will prep you with all the skills needed to pass your guiding qualifications and feel confident to guide groups. And you get to live in Patagonia for 3 months. Rad.
This Argentinian - Chilean based program specializes in the following guiding disciplines:
-Sea kayaking (enquire for availability)
Adventure lovers, welcome home. Considered by many as the ultimate adventure travel destination, we know you’ll instantly love this place. Clean air, wide spaces, unreal mountainscapes, your camera is going to get a work out as much as your legs!
While this is an Adventure Guide Program, it's not all about the outdoors and outdoor pursuits. There will be cultural activities and exchange; sightseeing and touring; personal development; community and social events; free time and plenty of opportunity for exploration.
- 12 week adventure tourism training and qualification program based in El Chalten, Argentina, the gateway to the trails surrounding the incredible peaks of the Cerro Torre and Cerro Fitz Roy mountains
- Accommodation and most meals for duration of program
- Work experience in the adventure tourism industry
- All technical equipment, program related transport & travel
- Qualified & experienced technical instructors
- NZ Outdoor Instructor Association Leader Hiking Qualification
- Advanced International Wilderness First Aid certification
- Modules on guiding and leadership skills, critical incident management & technical skills
- Enjoy the experience of living in an isolated region of South America!