The Mente Argentina Intensive Sommelier Program provides you with all of the tools and education that you will need to become a successful professional in the wine industry, both domestically and internationally. You will be prepared for a management position or to start your own business.
The Mente Argentina Sommelier program offers students the highest quality education, and because of the intensive nature the program can be completed in just five months. It will encompass all of the material that a 12 month program covers in a short and thorough five months.
The wine industry is growing at an astonishing rate around the world creating higher quality wine and wine production which has stimulated interested and more knowledgeable consumers. This change in wine culture is shaping the industry and attracting new clients and enthusiasts from all over the world. Because of this growth in sophisticated consumption, the industry now needs a link between the producer and consumer. The sommelier plays an important role in connecting and maintaining a relationship between the two. In response to this growing market, Mente Argentina’s Intensive Sommelier Program is for those who wish to develop the skills necessary to succeed in this expanding market.
The main objective of the program is to shape individuals into highly qualified professionals with the knowledge and capabilities to become leaders in the wine industry, as well as the several additional areas of Tourism and Gastronomy. The Sommelier Program is designed for candidates who have worked in the customer service industry and/or have restaurant management experience, as well as those without experience in the field but who wish to pursue a career in the wine industry, whether it is in a winery or at the vineyard, or as a distributor or specialty store owner.
The Sommelier Program is composed of 4 courses. These courses include one mandatory, personalized Sommelier course (which can be taught in English), as well as three specialization courses. Each course is chosen by the student from the school's specialization list. Before the program start date, each student will meet with the Program Director individually to choose their specialization courses. The Program Director will help advice the course decisions, based upon the student's personal interests, background, and career goals.
Cost and Session Information
WHAT´S INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM FEE?
- Sommelier Program Full Tuition Cost: Personalized Sommelier Course + 3 Wine Specializations
- Official Wine Institute Transcript & Diploma
- Guaranteed Admission and Enrollment
- Accommodation in the exclusive area of Palermo, Belgrano, barrio Norte or Recoleta (all utilities and expenses included)
- Private Airport Pick Up
- Private Airport Drop Off
- Official Transcripts & Certificates
- Welcome Orientation
- Mente Argentina Welcome Kit (calling card, insider's city guide, maps, and more)
- Full access to Mente Argentina Tours & Activities
- Mente Argentina ISIC Global Discount Card
- Cell Phone
- Conversation Exchange Partner – Language Exchange Passes
- Tango Lessons
- Health Club Membership: Free Gym membership included
- Mente Argentina On-site assistance & Support Services 24/7