HIV/AIDS prevention and counseling projects in Tanzania are an attempt to prevent further transmission through education. Volunteers in this program will care for HIV/AIDS infected children and adults and get them involved in educational activities, with focus on safe sex. Educational materials are provided.
Despite global concerns and efforts, this deadly disease is still epidemic in Africa. The projects provides moral support to those affected and help them to build self-esteem and hope in life.
Volunteers help with the following activities:
- Care for and encourage HIV/AIDS patients.
- Counseling and education in hospitals and communities.
- Encourage young men and women by involving them to actively participate in HIV/AIDS preventive education in the district
- Help various HIV/AIDS organizations in their community outreach programs such as hospice care, recreational and educational programs, voluntary HIV counseling and testing, seminars and conferences on the virus within the community.
- Counseling for the caretakers and distributing medication and food supplies.
- Assist with homecare visits to HIV positive people.
Medical training is not necessary for all aspects of the program, but a background in HIV/AIDS and basic health care is preferred.
Fees for room and board are included in our given fees of $85usd per week.
Not included in the Fee: personal expenses, soft drinks, bottled water, entrance fee during sightseeing and traveling, Airfare/flight ticket, Visa and registration fee, Insurance, Tourist visa fee and C-Permit fee (this costs 250 USD.), Telephone, Immunization.