At Care Orphanages and in cooperation with various local organizations, volunteers help local children by offering much-needed education as well as skill-development training.
Most orphanages in Tanzania lack resources and are under-staffed. Volunteer are needed for positions in Orphanages in Tanzania. Volunteer work will focus primarily on offering formal and informal schooling and a safe place to live and study.
Volunteers generally work with the following activities:
- In the morning help with breakfast and prepare the children for school. Volunteers accompany the children to and from school.
- Teach English 3-4 hours a day in the local school.
- Small children (ages 2-6 years) remain in their orphanages where volunteers who choose not to teach in schools play with the children: sports, art, games, picture books, music. All sorts of fun activities are welcome.
- Also organize activities when the children return from school, both free time fun and help with homework.
- Skill-training and free time activities for the children who are too old to go to school.
- After dinner help the children wash, brush teeth and take care of themselves.
*This is just a general picture of the daily life of volunteers. Each orphanage has its own routine. Some orphanages are located in rural areas.
Work ranges from 20-30 hours per week. Volunteers are accommodated in a separate room at the orphanage or with host families, with local food three times a day. You may have to share room with another volunteer.
Fees for room and board are included in our given fees of $85 USD per week.
Not included in the Fee: personal expenses, soft drinks, bottled water, entrance fee during sightseeing and traveling, Airfare/flight ticket, Visa and registration fee, Insurance, Tourist visa fee and C-Permit fee ( this should cost 250 USD.) , Telephone, Immunizations.