Come to Tanzania to teach music and connect with students, and have a lasting impact on Tanzanian communities.
Thanks to contributions of past volunteers, Nourish UNC now sponsors music education at Good Hope Primary School in Ngusero across from our volunteer house. With guitars, drums, and keyboards, we believe that music is a powerful tool helping to generate a community spirit, while educating and inspiring.
Some of our music volunteer activities include:
- Lead music lessons to primary school students
- Arrange fun music learning and performance activities
- Teach basic music theory
- Explore the Arusha music and art scene
- Get to know the children living at our Orphanage and help in their daily care (cooking, sweeping, laundry, etc.)
- Plan outdoor games and activities for the children at the primary school
- Quality time with the children (coloring, reading stories, movies)
Cost and Session Information
This program is a minimum of four weeks. It is offered throughout the year. Anyone with interest in teaching music can apply for this at any time because of its all year round availability.