Dance Gap Year founded by Pizarts, provides an enriched and diverse learning environment for our participants. Established in 2014, the program located in New York, NY and Cordoba, Argentina reflects the various backgrounds and cultures of the area.
Pizarts strives to help dancers Dig Deep within one's movement practice and Discover More of society through means of art and community engagement.
3 Month Program: New York or Cordoba
6 Month Program: New York
8 Month Program: New York + Cordoba
- Curate a performance.
- Teach a personalized 90 minute dance class.
- Perform and network with dancers of various countries.
- Choreograph meaningful works. Acquire the skills to live independently.
- Present a competitive portfolio.
- Establish new friendships and unforgettable memories.
Dance Gap Year Areas of Focus
- Technique & Composition: Technique classes, multidisciplinary workshops, choreography lab with final performance.
- Pedagogy : Teaching methods and style approach. Learn the build up and break down of a 90 minute class.
- Arts & Life Management : Lecture classes in dance history, business management, and practical living practices.
- Cultural Exchange (Arts & Humanities): Public performances and community classes led by participants is included in a required 60 hour internship.
Participants are required to upload:
- Interview via Phone or Skype with DGY staff
- A filled out application
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- A resume and two dance photos (head shot-active shot)
- Two page essay about self
- Video clip up to 90 sec