BIGIDEA Gap Year is an intensive 5 - 9-month program in Israel for young adults who wish to combine tech training with a one of a kind Start-Up Nation experience!
Develop your career in Hi-Tech, build your resume while interning at top Israeli tech companies and start-ups while getting inspired by Israeli entrepreneurs. Come take our professional app developer course that will give you the skills and knowledge to succeed in today's cutthroat Hi-Tech world. Not enough for you? We also mix things up with weekly trips, Hebrew learning, volunteering, interning, and living in the one and only Cyber-Tech capital of the world, Be'er Sheva, Israel. All of this combines into a once in a lifetime experience you're guaranteed to never forget!
Why BIG IDEA GAP YEAR?
- We are the only Hi-Tech focused gap year in Israel.
- Achieve a professional certificate in mobile and web app development in just 4 months!
- Gain real work experience as an intern in Hi-Tech companies in the Hi-Tech capital of the world.
- Meet fascinating entrepreneurs and Hi-Tech developers, while exploring Start-Ups in the world's only Start-Up Nation.
- Live alongside thousands of students from the Negev University in Be'er Sheva!
- Study and live in the beautiful High-Tech Park of Be'er Sheva. One of Israel's biggest cities, that is sure to become your home away from home. Join many Hi-Tech companies and Start-Ups in this unique atmosphere as together we strengthen the Israeli connection to the Hi-Tech experience.
Cost and Session Information
You are about to embark on the most amazing journey of your life. Taking your first steps into your successful career in the Israeli Hi-Tech industry. So make sure to buckle up and join BIGIDEA Gap Year on this incredible ride!
$200 application fee + $13,750 for full tuition!
Extra $200 discount in association with the MASA grant. $1000 scholarship for BIG IDEA Israel Summer Camp alumni.
What does the Price include?
- A mobile and web app developer boot camp course
- Accommodation in The City of Tomorrow, Be'er Sheva
- A local bus pass
- A Hebrew Ulpan course
- Weekly field trips to off the beaten path locations and startups (including some overnight trips)
- Health insurance
- Additional educational and professional seminars
- Aliyah support, with our available 24/7 staff!
- Price also includes part of our preparation seminar in May, in New York City (transportation not included)
What is the payment schedule like?
The $200 application fee is paid upon the submission of your application to BIGIDEA Gap Year. This fee is a part of the tuition payment. In the case of not passing the ability test or the personal interview $100 will be refunded.
After passing the ability test, an initial first tuition payment of $2000 is due. Full payment plan will be sent via email.
What about scholarships?
MASA is an organization funded by the Jewish Agency for Israel and the government of Israel to help fund people who want to go on Israel programs. On their website, there is a list of all eligible programs: http://www.masaisrael.org/
Your Local Synagogue: Synagogues often set aside funds for young adults and/or travel to Israel. For a list of synagogues in your area, visit www.jewishfederations.org
Your Local Jewish Federation: Contact local Jewish Organizations. Even if your Federation is not listed on the list provided, it is worthwhile to contact the Jewish Federation in your community. www.jewishfederations.org
We encourage you to locate and contact these funding sources as soon as possible, as many of them have deadlines of their own.