Be a part of the promise...
Serve with us through our WorkGroup program!
We invite groups (churches, corporations, youth groups, clubs, etc) to come and serve alongside our staff through our programs and work projects. The weeklong experience is a blend of urban youth ministry, first-hand glimpses of life in Camden, guided reflections about social justice and servant leadership-all while embedded within the UrbanPromise community. Unlike other service opportunities, our WorkGroups' engagement is beyond the surface, as they connect with our youth and have a direct impact on the lives of those within our ministry.
The WorkGroup experience includes:
- Volunteering in our Summer Camps and AfterSchool programs
- Participating in work projects like painting, light construction, and landscaping on our campus
- A bus tour of Camden where you'll learn about the history and complex issues that surround the city
- Engaging in meaningful evening program activities with our staff, students, and guest speakers
- Meeting people from all over the world who are dedicating their lives to the people of Camden
Our WorkGroup fee covers cost of housing, some meals, utilities, and work supplies.