Long considered the Jewel of Milton, the Forbes House Museum chronicles the history of an entrepreneurial American family. The majestic Greek Revival mansion, built in 1833 for Margaret Perkins Forbes, contains the treasures of four generations of the Forbes family.
Community Service Opportunities for High School Students
The Forbes House Museum is offering community service projects for students. We take pride in offering opportunities that teach students career, social and organization skills. Volunteers play an important role as the Museum grows, and we would like to play an important role as students grow. There's something for everyone!
Current opportunities include:
• Office helpers: Receive training on general office tasks including data entry, booking tours, preparing US mail for post office delivery, assisting with large bulk mailings, filing, answering the telephone and doorbell.
• Gallery helpers: Receive training to become a FHM tour guide, care for the museum by dusting, sweeping and preparing the galleries and walkways for tours.
• Collections research: Compile research on works of art in the Museum’s permanent collection using a questionnaire/template.
• Event greeters: The FHM has special programs and events once or twice a month on weekends or in the evening. Receive training on setting up for the event, greeting guests and monitoring the galleries.
• Building and Grounds helpers: Help spruce up the Museum by moving light furniture, participating in landscape clean-up, and tidying the storage room.