The mission of Wells College is to educate students to think critically, reason wisely, and act humanely as they cultivate meaningful lives. Through Wells' academic program, residential atmosphere, and community activities, students learn and practice the ideals of the liberal arts.
The exploration of ideas from multiple perspectives. Connection with a close community of professors and friends. Seminar-like classes that allow for deep discussion and scholarship. An emphasis on experiential learning, collaboration and real-world preparation. A breathtaking campus on the shores of Cayuga Lake. These are just a few reasons why Wells is not your ordinary college education.
We attract a special kind of student—one who appreciates immersion in a wide range of liberal arts studies and a commitment to global citizenship. The Wells experience includes:
- Personal mentoring from professors—one teacher to every nine students
- A strong emphasis on experiential learning through internships, study abroad and original research
- A first-rate liberal arts foundation that combines classroom theory with real-world preparation
- The cultivation of global citizenship and social responsibility
- A connected, close-knit community on a beautiful Finger Lakes campus
- A high-quality, affordable education