At WSU Tri-Cities, students receive a polytechnic style education, which emphasizes hands-on, project-based instruction in a dynamic and progressive learning environment. WSU Tri-Cities is located in a thriving research district that is a hub for innovation providing students with an unparalleled learning experience.
Experience an affordable world-class education within a supportive atmosphere.
WSU Tri-Cities offers the resources of a top-tier research university in a very personalized, hands-on environment. The University provides access to baccalaureate-level and graduates education to help prepare students for the jobs of the future and to support the communities it serves.
- All engineering and computer science programs at WSU Tri-Cities are accredited by the Computing and Engineering Commissions of ABET.
- Washington is ranked in the top 3 states for the concentration of STEM jobs.
- Nationally-ranked for STEM grads: The Tri-Cities is ranked the #7 best place in the nation for STEM graduates. (NerdWallet, 2016)
- 92% of WSU Tri-Cities graduates are employed within six months of graduation (well above national average).
Opportunities are limitless.
It is because of the opportunities available in the growing Tri-Cities economy that collaboration with industry leaders and exposure to research and practice-learning internships are an everyday reality for all students, regardless of program major.
Here are just a few industries:
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
- Bechtel National, Inc.
- Washington River Protection Solutions LLC (WRPS)
- CH2M Hill
- Kadlec Regional Medical Center
- Lockheed Martin
Gain a global perspective.
Transform your college experience while also getting ahead academically - there are specific programs designed for accelerated international degrees. Recent study abroad destinations include Australia, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Italy, Spain, and Japan. Dual masters programs are unavailable in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science. International partners include the University of Zurich.
A destination campus for women in STEM.
WSU Tri-Cities is proud to partner with Million Women Mentors to support the engagement of one million Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) mentors to increase the interest and confidence of girls and women to persist and succeed in STEM programs and careers.
Through the engagement of one million mentors, our goals are to:
- Increase the percentage of high school girls planning to pursue STEM careers.
- Increase the percentage of young women pursuing undergraduate degrees in STEM fields.
- Increase the percentage of women staying and advancing in STEM careers through supporting workforce mentoring programs.
There are many ways to put a WSU Tri-Cities education within your financial reach.
- Nearly 60% of scholarships given to students is for students in STEM-based majors.
- Merit-based awards available for both Washington residents and non-residents.
- Industry scholarships are available. Industries include Atkins, IEEE Power & Energy Society, and much more!