As a comprehensive, doctoral-degree-granting institution, The University of Tulsa provides undergraduate, graduate, and professional education of the highest quality in the arts, humanities, sciences, business, education, engineering, law, nursing, and applied health sciences.
The University of Tulsa is a private, independent, doctoral-degree-granting institution whose mission reflects these core values: excellence in scholarship, dedication to free inquiry, integrity of character, and commitment to humanity. The university achieves its mission by educating men and women of diverse backgrounds and cultures to
- become literate in the sciences, humanities, and arts;
- think critically, and write and speak clearly;
- succeed in their professions and careers;
- behave ethically an all aspects of their lives;
- welcome the responsibility of citizenship, service, and leadership in a changing world; and
- acquire the skills and appetite for lifelong learning.