Dobson Educational Services can help your family find the most appropriate placement – the “right fit” – by understanding and clarifying your child’s needs, and by guiding your family through the process of searching for and choosing the right school or program.
With more options and instant access to information, making the best choice for your son or daughter is becoming increasingly complex. Interpreting what your child needs - and determining which schools or programs will meet those unique needs - can be a daunting task. Dobson Educational Services can help.
Dobson Educational Services offers educational consulting and placement services for families considering:
- Independent day schools
- Boarding schools
- Schools for special learning needs
- Therapeutic schools and programs
- Summer enrichment experiences
- Alternative education programs
Dobson Educational Services works with families considering private elementary, middle and high schools, and post-secondary programs. We also work with children and teens who have learning disabilities or other special needs, and with children in crisis situations who need therapeutic placements. Our main interest is finding what's best for the student and for the family. With an extensive, first-hand knowledge of public, private and residential boarding schools, as well as enrichment and therapeutic programs, Dobson Educational Services can offer choices that may be unfamiliar to you, but could be just what your son or daughter needs.
Families generally seek our guidance during a time of transition in a child's educational life, such as:
- Beginning school - Kindergarten or earlier
- Moving to a new area - Philadelphia, New Jersey, and the mid-Atlantic region offer an exceptionally rich, diverse mix of educational options. As members of IECA, we can also help if you are moving to another part of the country.
- Changing from a public to an independent (private) day school
- Selecting a boarding school - We stay current on these schools with regular visits, and we are members of the Association of Boarding Schools.
- Responding to special needs - Learning issues such as ADHD or dyslexia, autism spectrum disorders, emotional and behavioral difficulties, addiction issues, and psychiatric disorders can seriously impede a child's progress and success. We know of established, successful programs - locally and nationally.
- Looking for unusual educational options - For unique personal and academic enrichment, including summer programs, semesters abroad or at sea, wilderness programs, arts experiences and community service.
Phone: (215) 242-3587 (PA) and (732)804-4919 (NJ)
Email:email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Participant ReviewsWrite a Review
This program hasn't been reviewed yet. Write the first review!
[Our daughter] was a very troubled teenager seven years ago. You assisted us with an intervention and schooling options which, even though very difficult to do at the time, turned out to what my husband and I believe was the best decision for our daughter.
She has just graduated from Philadelphia University with a BS in Fashion Design. We are so proud of her and all her hard work. She did it!!!!!!!!!
I am truly grateful that there was someone like you to help us find a program that worked for our daughter. Thank you again.
Thank goodness for Jody Dobson! We were at a loss to find the right school for our son, Zack. We came to Jody late in the game – almost desperate. He took the time to get to know us and Zack and he calmed us down. He recommended junior boarding school – an option we never would have considered, but he saw something in Zack. Jody not only gave us options, he helped us evaluate the options. Junior boarding school was the best decision we ever made and now Zack is excelling in high school. Jody opened our eyes to the possibilities and we can't thank him enough!