College Search Strategies works with every student on a one-to-one basis to identify possible "match" colleges based on the unique talents, interests and strengths of each student. The goal for every high school student is the successful matriculation to a college where that student will thrive.
College Search Strategies works with you, the individual, on the entire college search and application process. The services complement those of your high school guidance department. I cannot guarantee any results, but I am confident you will be happy with your choices! The College Search typically includes the following steps:
- A review of your high school transcript, and suggestions for future coursework.
- An assessment of your strengths and weaknesses, both academic and extracurricular.
- Discussions and assessments to identify your interests and passions, both academic and career.
- Suggestions for standardized test (SATs, ACTs, SAT Subject Tests) timelines, prep and recommendations for tutoring, if desired.
- Development of a preliminary college list, beginning as soon as you're ready in your late Sophomore or Junior Year. Your list will be fluid. You will continue to fine tune it, even as you face applications in the fall of your Senior Year.
- Brainstorming for Common Application Essays, the Personal Statement and the supplemental college essays. You will write the essays yourself. College Search Strategies offers support and feedback.
- Assistance in planning college visits and preparation for college interviews.
- Organization for the entire application process, and assurance that ALL pieces of all college applications are completed in a timely fashion.