Why You Should Take Test Prep SeriouslyPosted August 19, 2021, 3:32 pm by
We all know that scoring well on academic tests is important; that’s a given. From getting into your dream college to scoring that internship you’re interested in, your test scores can sometimes be “deal breakers” -- and that’s one reason why it’s so common to stress out about taking important tests. But, what many test-takers do not realize is that there are many things in their control that can help them score well, and will also help them to prevent a panic attack on test day!
Most Common Test-Taking Mistakes
- Preparing Alone: The #1 mistake that students make when preparing for an important test is trying to prepare all on their own. That’s a big job! It’s wise instead to get expert help--professional instructors that teach students time-tested strategies to help ace the tests. Companies like The Princeton Review, which has been in business for over 35 years, take the guesswork out of test prep.
- Arriving at the answer in an inefficient way: It’s important to use the most effective and time-efficient method to arrive at an answer.
- Wasting time: A common mistake test-takers often make is to try and memorize everything. This is not the path to take--it’s impossible to memorize everything in the test prep book!
- Misunderstanding the question: If you aren’t a test-taking expert, it’s easy to misunderstand what the test question is actually asking.
- Stressing out: It is completely natural to stress out when preparing and taking the actual test. But, letting your nerves get the best of you will only hinder you getting the score you want! You won’t be able to focus and will doubt yourself on questions.
Choosing the Right Test Prep Solution
Buying a test prep book online and taking on the prep alone has many disadvantages. Not only is it hard to employ the strategies you are reading in the book on your own, but most of us lack the self-discipline to devote time every day to prepping.
Companies like The Princeton Review offer services that will help you ace your next test. A few best-selling programs include (This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something, we may earn a commission):
- AP Test Prep
- MCAT Self-Prep Kit
- MCAT Ultimate LiveOnline 123-Hour
- MCAT 515 Immersion LiveOnline
- LSAT 165 LiveOnline Course
- GMAT 700 LiveOnline Course
Don’t get overwhelmed with test prep--making the decision to get expert help will not help you ace the test, but will allow you to take a deep breath and relax come test day! Learn more today by visiting The Princeton Review.