20 Signs You Live with a TeenagerPosted August 10, 2014, 2:00 pm by
Sign up for Free Tips and Guides direct to Your Inbox
Every parent has their own, authentic experiences with their teens—some good, some bad. But of course, there are also many incidents with teenagers that are universal for all parents.
Here are the top 20 signs you live with a teenager.
- Everyday you find out you are just not cool.
- Even though you are not cool at all, your shoes, bags and skin care products are always missing.
- You can no longer help them with their math homework.
- You find yourself telling stories starting off with "When I was your age…”
- Before you can ask, “How was your day?”—The person that just got in the passenger’s seat has headphones on.
- You have in-home tech support for computers and iPhones.
- You have to go on Facebook to find out what really happened at last night’s party.
- You say at least one thing a day worthy of an “eye roll.”
- You wake up in August thinking, “The Common App is up!”
- Your kid can tuck you in because he stays up WAY later than you.
- The same kid (that used to wake you up crying at 5 am) now sleeps until 12 noon on the weekend.
- The fridge is empty and you went food shopping yesterday.
- A compliment from your child on your outfit or new haircut feels like you won a Nobel Prize.
- Instead of being asked for a ride, your being asked for your keys.
- You sleep with one eye open waiting for the key in the door that lets you know they have arrived home safely.
- You are asked not to dance in public.
- Try as you may, you “just don’t understand.”
- The dirty clothes hamper is always overflowing.
- Your sweet, adorable, child has become so rude, messy, unappreciative and emotionally draining, you can’t wait for them to leave for college …
- Your eyes well up and your heart hurts thinking about your teen leaving for college and not sleeping in their bed every night.