The Introductory Virtual Reality (VR) Developer Program is a highly competative program designed for high school students interested in learning how to develop 3D and VR applications. In addition to Unity coding concepts and project work, students hear from guest speakers from industry and have the opportunity to explore careers in VR.
This program prepares students to understand the elements of immersive experience design and Unity, an industry-standard XR development tool.
The High School Introductory VR Developer Program is a 6-week online program that will prepare students to understand the elements of immersive experience design while learning to use Unity, an industry-standard software tool for XR development. This program lays the foundation for more advanced study of experience design, gameplay interaction, and eventual certification as a Unity Certified Associate.
- Virtual Reality & Unity: Students learn the high demand skill of 3D and Virtual Reality development and use Unity, an industry-standard tool for XR software development
- Professional Portfolio: Students work on building and publishing their own VR application
- Career Exploration: Students learn about career pathways in XR (Extended Reality) with input from special guests from industry during the program
- Awareness of career paths in VR development
- Understanding the production path for a Unity VR game / interactive experience
- Familiarity with Unity interface and assets
- Ability to create a VR experience with interactions
- Collaboration skills
- Competencies aligned with expectations for Unity Certified Associate