Wolf Ridge Ecology Summer Camp combines outdoor summer fun and adventure with high-level academic learning. Our courses of study focus on freshwater ecology and environmental ethics, culminating with the creation and presentation of scientific research.
If you are interested in exploring what it is like to be a field scientist, this is the camp for you. Conduct fish surveys alongside natural resource professionals. Paddle from lake to lake researching aquatic habitats of the Boundary Waters (BWCAW).
Gain confidence as you present your findings to fellow campers. Leave Wolf Ridge with a better understanding of Minnesota’s waterways and how people can work together to manage and sustain them. Earn college or high school credit.
Classes and activities focus on freshwater ecology:
- Explore the geology of Lake Superior and the North Shore
- Step back in time and discover the cultural history of the area
- Study the health of an aquatic ecosystem by performing physical, chemical, and biological tests with teachers and fisheries experts
- Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness trip
- Create and present your own scientific research project