Wellesley College invites rising high-school sophomore, junior, and senior girls to strengthen their leadership abilities by developing golf and/or rowing skills for one week in Wellesley's Sports Leadership Workshops.
August 5 - August 10, 2018
WELLESLEY'S SPORTS LEADERSHIP EXPLORATORY WORKSHOPS
Wellesley College offers Sports Leadership Workshops to motivated high-school sophomore, junior, and senior girls hoping to challenge themselves and learn valuable life skills. Through spending a week learning the fundamentals of either golf or rowing, students will strengthen their leadership abilities, communication skills, and self-confidence.
Students will also become members of the Wellesley community, enjoying academic, social, and intellectual opportunities that cannot be found in a regular high school program. Sports Leadership workshops at Wellesley College allow students to explore a unique topic with other like-minded, motivated peers and renowned Wellesley faculty.
"DYNAMIC LEADERSHIP THROUGH GOLF" WORKSHOP
In a study by Catalyst, the leader in gender and inclusive leadership research, 46% of women surveyed cite “exclusion from informal networks” as the single biggest impediment to career success. Golf was the #1 informal network referenced.
Wellesley’s Golf Workshop works with rising sophomore, junior, and senior girls to achieve the following objectives:
- Learn basic golf skills (putting, chipping, pitching, full swing) with instruction from an experienced LPGA Teaching Professional.
- Understand the value of golf as a life skill that helps women build confidence, take risks, and achieve their full potential.
- Participate in hands-on golf lessons on Wellesley’s premier Nehoiden Golf Club, located on campus.
No prior experience necessary.
“TEAM BUILDING THROUGH ROWING” WORKSHOP
Rowing is often termed “the ultimate team sport” and is a full-body exercise. Besides the physical benefits, women’s rowing also offers the best odds for female athletes to compete in college, with over 50% receiving some sort of scholarship.
Taught by NCAA Division III National Championship Wellesley Crew coaches, the “Team Building through Rowing” Workshop helps high-school sophomore, junior, and senior girls achieve the following objectives:
- Learn and expand on the fundamentals of the rowing stroke while developing strength and confidence in a team environment.
- Utilize the College’s unique on-campus rowing facility, the Butler Boathouse, and Lake Waban, home of the oldest women’s collegiate rowing program in the country.
- Participate in workshops and lectures geared towards strength and conditioning, nutrition, leadership, mindfulness, and the physics of sport.
No prior experience necessary.
Wellesley College has been recognized for the excellence of its education, the beauty of its setting, and the uniqueness of its campus culture. Above all, Wellesley is known for the thousands of accomplished, thoughtful women it has sent out into the world—women who are committed to making a difference.
Applications for Wellesley’s Pre-College Sports Leadership Workshops are now OPEN until June 15, 2018.
Cost and Session Information
One-Week Sports Leadership Workshop: July 29 - August 5, 2018
Cost of one-week workshop is $1,350.00 including tuition, room and board, and activities.