Washington University's High School Summer Institutes combine traditional undergraduate curriculum with organized field trips, guest lectures, and hands-on activities in order for students to gain valuable academic and career experience. Topics include medicine, engineering, leadership, and more!
Institutes are divided into morning and afternoon sessions that include assigned readings, daily assignments, and a final project. Students live on campus in one of our top-ranked, air-conditioned residence halls. In addition to coursework, students participate in specialized seminars and a variety of weekend and evening social events.
We offer a number of institutes:
- Pre-Medical (June 9-28 or July 14-August 3), $5,785
- Pre-Engineering (June 9-28 or July 14-August 3), $5,785
- Creative Writing (June 30- July 12), $3,985
- Global Leadership (June 30- July 12), $3,985
- Environmental Studies (June 30- July 12), $3,985
- Philosophy, Neuroscience, and Psychology (June 30- July 12), $3,985
- Humanities (June 30- July 12), $3,985
- Young Leaders (August 4-10), $1,985
Apply by February 15, and we will waive the $35 application fee.
Visit our website for more information: summerexperiences.wustl.edu/institutes