The U.S. Coast Guard Academy is proud to educate leaders of a multi-mission, maritime military force. Academy Introduction Mission (AIM) is a one-week summer program for rising seniors that gives you the chance to see if the Academy is right for you and if you have what it takes to succeed.
You will meet faculty and staff; learn about our academic, military, and athletic programs; talk with cadets who have sailed on Eagle, flown aircraft, and started their leadership journey; and meet with Coast Guard professionals who are protecting our nation right now. Success at AIM is a good indicator of success at the Coast Guard Academy. In recent years, one-third of the incoming class attended AIM.
Cost and Session Information
2017 Session Dates (Sunday through Friday)
I: 9–14 July II: 16-21 July III: 23-28 July
- Early February: AIM application opens
- April 1: AIM application closes
- May 1: AIM notifications made by email. Session registration and scholarship application opens.
- May 19: Scholarship application due. Session registration deadline for those accepted.
- May 22: Scholarship notifications made
- June 1: Tuition payment and enrollment paperwork due
- June 6: Last call for refunds
Tuition and Expenses: The tuition to attend a session is $475, which pays for your room and board, supplies and equipment including uniform shirts and shorts. Plan to bring $25-$50 if you want extra snacks or souvenirs.