Discover the challenge, excitement, and independence of campus life at the University of Maryland with Terp Young Scholars-Online. With other academically talented high school students, you will pursue an academic interest, engage with dynamic faculty and get a jump on college by earning three university credits.
Program dates: July 12-31, 2020
The Terp Young Scholars-Online program is open to:
- Rising high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors from across the United States and around the world.
During three unforgettable weeks, students will:
- Pursue academic interests and discover career opportunities.
- Engage in creative problem solving with equally talented peers.
- Earn three university credits.
Technical Requirements: The virtual classroom is a dynamic space. Visit our Technical Requirements page to confirm you have the necessary technology to be successful in this online course.
Course offerings include:
School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation
- Architecture: Discovering Architecture
College of Arts and Humanities
- American Studies: Film and American Culture Studies
- Jiménez-Porter Writer’s House: Creative Writing Workshop
- Philosophy: Artificial Intelligence: Brains, Minds, and Machines
College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
ENGR-Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute
College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences
College of Journalism
School of Public Health
- Kinesiology: Kinesiology (Movement & The Human Body)
Cost and Session Information
$1,475 Online Package Fee (composed of the following):
Course Tuition: $1,122
Tuition charged at the approved Summer Session per credit rate of $374 x 3 credits.
Distance Learning Student Services Fee: $ 100
Supports campus-wide technology services, online library services, student registration services, and disability support services.
Online Program Fee: $253
Supports online activities and mentor and staff support.