The Terp Young Scholars program invites high school students with exceptional ability and promise to an outstanding pre-college experience at the University of Maryland. During three weeks in July, students earn three college credits and learn about university life.
Program dates: July 12-31, 2020
The Terp Young Scholars program is open to:
- Rising high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors from across the United States and around the world.
During three unforgettable weeks, students will:
- Pursue academic interests and discover career opportunities.
- Study with exceptional faculty in a stimulating environment.
- Engage in creative problem solving with equally talented peers.
- Earn three university credits.
- Discover the independence of college life.
Course offerings include:
School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation
- Architecture: Discovering Architecture
College of Arts and Humanities
- American Studies: Film and American Culture Studies
- Jiménez-Porter Writer’s House: Creative Writing Workshop
- Philosophy: Artificial Intelligence: Brains, Minds, and Machines
College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
ENGR-Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute
School of Engineering
College of Computer, Mathematical and Natural Sciences
College of Journalism
School of Public Health
- Kinesiology: Kinesiology (Movement & The Human Body)
Cost and Session Information
Course package fees include course tuition, a campus student services fee*, and the residential or commuter program fee.
$4,000 for the Residential Course Package Fee:
Covers activities, workshops, and events; 19 nights lodging (single, double, triple); and all meals (19 breakfasts, 21 lunches, and 19 dinners).
$2,750 for the Commuter Course Package Fee:
Covers activities, workshops, and events; and 15 weekday lunches.
$4,200 for the International Residential Course Package Fee:
Covers activities, workshops, and events; 19 nights lodging (single, double, triple); and all meals (19 breakfasts, 21 lunches, and 19 dinners); a linen package (one fitted and one top sheet for a twin-size bed, one blanket, one pillowcase, two towels, and one washcloth), and a mailing fee.
*Campus Student Services Fee: Covers campus facilities use; health services; campus-wide technology services, student registration services, recreation center; shuttle bus; libraries; police; computer labs, writing language labs; and accessibility and disability service.