Pre-College Summer at UConn offers rising high school juniors and seniors (class of 2019 or 2020) the opportunity to study, live on a top-ranked public university, and learn more about college life through four challenging and intensive one-week sessions to choose from.
Please note that this following class list is from this past 2017 Pre-College Summer Program. The 2018 class list will be released in early December. For updates, please sign up for our mailing list.
- Art: Animation
- Art: Photography
- Biomedical Engineering: The Human Body as a Biological Electric Generator
- Creative Writing
- Digital Media: Game Design
- Forensic Science: Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Anthropology
- Pre-Med: Is Medicine Right for You?
- Pre-Med: Intro to Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Pre-Med: Intro to Kinesiology
- Pre-Med: Intro to Human Pathology
- Pre-Pharmacy: Medicinal Chemistry & Drug Discovery
- Sociology: Human Behavior
- Sociology: Social Justice
- Sports Medicine
- Statistics: Big Data
In addition, all students participate together in several workshops that represent a broad range of academic fields. A series of exploratory afternoon/evening workshops are provided regardless of chosen academic cohort. These workshops allow all students to participate in common activities that both broaden views, as well as, create a strong community of learners.
Throughout the program, students will have the chance to:
- Explore academic interests
- Interact with engaging professors
- Build confidence in being a college student
- Attend workshops that stress personal and academic development
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Learn the culture of college, before college
Cost and Session Information
To be eligible to participate in the program students must be entering their junior or senior year in high school (class of 2019 or 2020) at the time the program is delivered.
2018 Pre-College Summer Dates:
- Session 1: July 8 - 14
- Session 2: July 15 - 21
- Session 3: July 22 - 28
- Session 4: July 29 - Aug 4
- Application Fee: Non-refundable $195 applied to program
- 1 Week: $1850 (Early Bird special: $1700 if paid in full by March 31, 2017)
- 2 Weeks: $3500 - Includes an additional $200 discount
- 3 Weeks: $5050 - Includes an additional $300 discount
- 4 Weeks: $6500 - includes an additional $400 discount
We do not offer financial aid or scholarship. Students interested in joining us next summer are encouraged to apply to Wishbone.org. Wishbone is a non-profit organization helping low-income high school students access and afford high quality summer programs, including Pre-College Summer at UConn. To qualify, you must apply through Wishbone by December 8, 2017. Students must live in New York City or Connecticut, and must be eligible for the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch Program. Please visit the Wishbone website for more information: https://www.wishbone.org/students
Participant ReviewsWrite a Review
This program hasn't been reviewed yet. Write the first review!
Pre-College Summer Testimonial Academic Areas: Creative Writing, Sports Medicine Attended program as a Rising Senior This was the best experience in my entire life. Being at the greatest college in the country, the University of Connecticut, was amazing to begin with but the people who run this program and the RAs who worked the program are truly what made it such a life changing experience. The RAs were some of the greatest people I've met. They were open to helping each and every kid learn more about the college life and offer advice on what it takes to succeed in college and they really gave you a good understanding of what college was like. Everyone within the program always had the students in mind before anything else. I can't thank them enough for all they helped me with. No one could have represented UConn in any better way than the RAs, Hall directors, and program directors. The professors I had were great. UConn is the best college out there, and going into the program makes you realize how amazing UConn really is. Each day I was grateful to be there and experience what the campus had to offer. I have made friendships that will last a life time and I wish I stayed all 4 weeks. Thank you UConn Pre-College Summer program.